Standard Terms of Business of Schloß Schönbrunn Apothektertrakt & Orangery
1. Events shall not impair the reputation or the security of the building. Schloss Schönbrunn shall be entitled to order measures to be taken to remedy undesirable situations, and, if such are not complied with or prove to be insufficient to achieve the intended result, order the termination of the event. The organiser shall not derive any claims to a reduction of the charge, damages or any other claims from such.
2. The event premises shall only be used in the agreed period of time and exclusively for the agreed purpose. Any other use of the rooms, corridors and suchlike is prohibited. The organiser shall only be entitled to permit third parties to use in whole or in part the premises provided, or to assign his rental rights to a third party, even if such is not in return for payment, if this has been expressly agreed in writing with Schloss Schönbrunn.
3. The premises made available together with the equipment shall be treated with care and returned in the condition in which they were before use. Objects left behind by the organiser can be stored by Schloss Schönbrunn at the organiser's expense. If the organiser fails to collect such and pay the storage charge within 8 days after notification, the objects shall be deemed to be abandoned and can be disposed of at the organiser's expense.
4. It is assumed that the event premises together with the contractual infrastructure and furniture was in fault-free condition at the time when such was handed over to the organiser, unless damage to the premises or the inventory is notified in writing before the event and such damage is also confirmed by Schloss Schönbrunn.
5. The event organiser shall at his own expense obtain all necessary official authorisations, and undertakes to comply with all applicable official regulations and orders. All costs, levies and fees arising in connection with this agreement, such as AKM levies and contract fees (1% of the gross room rent), shall be borne by the organiser.
6. Structural changes may only be effected with the express written consent of Schloss Schönbrunn. The rented premises must not be damaged by objects being attached (in particular no nails in the wall, no double-sided adhesive tape on walls or windows, no adhesive tape on floors).
7. The organiser shall waive all and any compensation for any damage he might suffer in connection with the event. The organiser shall be liable for all damage caused by him or persons associating with him to the assets of Schloss Schönbrunn and/or third parties (natural and legal persons). He undertakes to indemnify and hold Schloss Schönbrunn completely harmless with respect to such damage.
For the appropriate insurance coverage of this obligation, an amount is charged by us for participation in the insurance contract which we have drawn up especially for this purpose, which offers you an organiser liability insurance with an all-in insured sum of up to EUR 10,000,000.- (deductible EUR 500,-). You are obliged to present any case of your own organiser liability insurance. More information: www.schoenbrunnmeetings.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Schoenbrunn_Meetings/Downloads/ENG_Merkblatt_Veranstaltungshaftpflicht.pdf
8. Advertising inside and outside the rented premises and on parts of the building shall only be permitted on areas explicitly made available to the organiser by Schloss Schönbrunn.
9. No liability is assumed for objects introduced by the organiser or participants at the event (such as cloakroom items, laptops, etc.). The organiser may if necessary be given a key to the seminar room booked by him in the Apothekertrakt and in such case shall ensure that the room is locked appropriately.
10. Third party rights shall not be impaired, in particular those of neighbours. The organiser shall therefore take sufficient precautions to ensure that an energy-equivalent continuous sound-pressure level of 90 dB is not exceeded under any circumstances within the building (including when doors and windows are open) and that normal speech volume is not exceeded under any circumstances in the Orangerie garden and the Apothekerhof. The organiser undertakes to indemnify and hold Schloss Schönbrunn harmless for all damage resulting from excess noise and volume, independently of any fault on his part.
11. Stopping or parking motor vehicles in the Orangerie garden is not permitted.
12. Smoking is prohibited in all the rooms. This shall be brought to the attention of all employees and guests.
13. Smoke and fire alarms must not be switched off.
14. Whenever persons are inside the Apothekertrakt and/or Orangery, exits and emergency exits must be capable of being opened from inside over their entire width easily and without assistance, must be capable of being used without hindrance at all times and must be kept free of obstructions.
15. If platforms are erected, they must maintain a minimum distance from all walls and fixtures.
16. Boards or protective felt pads shall be placed underneath all structures, tripods and ladders to protect the floor.
17. Heat-protection matting shall be placed underneath floodlights and live plug connections. Power and other cables must be covered to prevent trip hazards.
18. All decorations, equipment and platform structures must be made of fire-resistant materials (B1, Q1).
19. Unauthorised persons shall not be permitted to make interventions in the electrical installations.
20. Stop valves, meters etc must be kept accessible and unimpeded at all times.
Terms of payment:
All prices are net and exclusive of 20% VAT.
30% of the hire charge (hire of room and equipment) plus value added tax, contract fees and organiser insurance shall be invoiced when the booking is made, payable within one month.
The remaining 70% plus value added tax shall be payable no later than four weeks before the event.
The date of receipt of payment shall be decisive.
Costs for personnel and any other costs incurred shall be invoiced after the conclusion of the event.
Terms of cancellation, prohibition on set-off, exclusion of a right of retention:
The customer shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract upon payment of a cancellation fee.
The cancellation fee shall be as follows:
- from date of reservation to 90 days before the event: 30 % of the room hire plus value added tax
- from 90 to 60 days before the start of the event: 50 % of the room hire plus value added tax
- from 60 to 30 days before the start of the event: 75 % of the room hire plus value added tax
- within 30 days before the start of the event: 100 % of the room hire plus value added tax.
Cancellation fees shall be payable immediately.
The organiser shall not be entitled to offset our claims against any counter-claims, or to retain the rent for the premise.
Catering can be provided only by our catering partners.
Technical Equipment and Support
Technical Equipment and Support can be provided only by our technical partners.
Standard Terms of Business Schloß Schönbrunn - White and Gold Rooms & Great Gallery
1. Events shall not damage the reputation or security of the building. Schloss Schönbrunn shall be entitled to impose suitable measures to prevent irregularities and – should these not be complied with or should they prove to be insufficient to achieve the desired purpose – order the termination of the event. This shall not give rise to any claims to a reduction of the charge, damages or other claims on the part of the Organiser. All instructions by the Palace personnel shall be complied with without fail.
The Organiser hereby notes that no political events or events with in part political content and lectures, or the mounting of advertising media with a political content is permitted in the premises of Schloss Schönbrunn by Schloss Schönbrunn Kultur und Betriebsges.m.b.H. In the event of an infringement, a contractual penalty of € 8,000.- shall be payable.
This shall be charged by Schloss Schönbrunn Kultur und Betriebsges.m.b.H. without prior notice.
2. The event premises shall only be used in the agreed period and exclusively for the agreed purpose.A more extensive use of the premises, corridors and the like is in any event not permitted. The Organiser shall only be entitled to make available in whole or in part the premises provided, even if only free of charge, to third parties, or to assign or pledge its hire rights to third parties if such has been expressly agreed in writing with Schloss Schönbrunn.
3. The premises made available together with furnishing shall be treated with care and left in the same condition in which they were before the use. Movables left behind by the Organiser can be stored by Schloss Schönbrunn at the Organiser’s expense. If the Organiser fails to collect these within 8 days after notification and at the same time pay the storage fees, the movables shall be regarded as abandoned and can be disposed of at the Organiser’s expense.
4. It is assumed that the event premises together with contractual infrastructure and furnishing were in fault-free condition when handed over, unless damage to the premises or the inventory is notified in writing before the event and such damage is also confirmed by Schloss Schönbrunn.
5. The Organiser shall at its own expense arrange for all necessary official authorisations and undertakes to comply with all applicable official regulations and conditions. All costs, levies and fees in connection with this agreement, such as performing rights, shall be borne by the Organiser. The contractual levy of 1% of the gross rent costs shall be transferred by Schloss Schönbrunn to the Revenue Office for Levies and Taxes.
6. Structural and technical changes may only be carried out with Schloss Schönbrunn’s express prior written consent. The subject matter of hire shall not be damaged (in particular no nails in the walls, no double-sided adhesive tape on walls or windows, no adhesive tape on the floors).
7. The Organiser waives any compensation for damage caused to him in connection with the event. The Organiser shall be liable for all damage caused by him or by persons contracting by him or persons frequenting the premises in connection with him to the assets of Schloss Schönbrunn and/or the assets of third parties (natural and legal persons). He undertakes to indemnify and hold Schloss Schönbrunn Kultur und Betriebsges.m.b.H. completely harmless with respect to such damage.
8. The mounting of signs inside and outside the premises provided and the parts of the building shall only be permitted on areas expressly made available to the Organiser by Schloss Schönbrunn.
9. No liability is assumed for objects introduced by the Organiser or the persons attending the event (e.g. clothing, laptops etc.).
10. The Organiser undertakes not to impede, either acoustically or by blocking passages, the regular guided tours during setup and dismantling. Third party rights, in particular those of the neighbours, shall not be impaired. The Organiser shall therefore take sufficient precautions to ensure that within the building the energy equivalent continuous sound level of 70 dB is not exceeded (including with open doors and windows) and that speaking volume is under no circumstances exceeded. It undertakes to indemnify and hold Schloss Schönbrunn harmless on a strict liability basis for all losses resulting from excess noise and volume.
11. Motor vehicles shall not be permitted to stop or park in the Parade Court. Loading and unloading in the Parade Court is permitted, but vehicles must leave the Court immediately after loading or unloading. No trolleys are available for the transport of equipment in the Palace, the Organiser must arrange for such itself. When trolleys are used in the Palace area, they must be equipped with pneumatic tyres/wheels. The lift shall be cleared rapidly when transporting equipment.
12. Smoking is prohibited in all premises. All staff and guests shall be notified of this by the Organiser.
13. Naked flames (e.g. gas burners, combustible pastes, torches, candles etc.) and fireworks and other pyrotechnical effects are prohibited throughout the entire Palace area. All rooms are equipped with fire alarms, which must not be switched off. The Organiser shall be obliged to notify the catering company that meals may without exception only be warmed up using electricity in closed containers. However, electric cooking or hotplates are prohibited. The catering kitchen serves only for warming up, keeping warm and preparing the meals. Burners or other heating containers for meals (e.g. for buffet operations) must not be located in the event premises, since the escaping water vapour would damage the listed rooms when the lid is opened. Refrigerating boxes and other refrigerating containers used in the event premises must not leak (carpets and thick plastic sheeting must be placed underneath them without fail). If humidity should nevertheless escape or if puddles form as a result of condensation, everything must be wiped away immediately and the Palace personnel informed without delay. For this purpose, the caterer shall bring sufficient cleaning material (buckets, shovels, brushes, wiping cloths etc.). In the catering kitchen, the risk of fire resulting from cooking fat must be minimised. Fat and oil must not be allowed on the floor. The disposal of oil and fat shall be properly handled by the Organiser (i.e. not poured into drains or sewers). In the Great Gallery, red wine and highly discolouring drinks and meals must not be served.
14. As long as persons are in the rented premises, exits and emergency exits must be capable of being opened easily at any time from inside over the entire passage without outside help, be capable of being used without impediment at any time and must not be blocked or constricted.
15. The erection of stages etc. must maintain a minimum distance of 30 cm from all walls and fixed objects (such as chandeliers), spotlights must be installed at a distance of at least 50 cm from wood and textiles. Spotlights must not be pointed directly towards ceilings, frescoes or wall claddings.
16. The Organiser shall be obliged to place boards or protective felt under all structures, tripods and ladders to protect the floor. The agreement shall be accompanied by a precise list of the equipment used. The use of any further equipment that is not included in this attachment shall be requested in writing from Schloss Schönbrunn and notified in good time before setup.
17. Current-bearing socket connections, spotlights and electrical appliances shall be placed on heat protection mats. Electricity and other cables must be covered to make them trip safe.
18. All declarations, equipment and stage structures must be made of fireproof material (combustibility class BI, smoke production class QI).
19. Interventions in the electrical installations by unauthorised persons are prohibited. The electrical connections required shall be notified at the latest 10 days before the event. The installation of electrical supply lines shall be contracted only to a preferred firm designated by the company, the costs for additional connections etc. shall be borne by the Organiser.
20. Stop valves, meters etc. shall be kept freely accessible and unimpeded at all times.
21. The Organiser shall designate a responsible person who shall be available to Schloss Schönbrunn as contact person. This person shall be contacted in all questions arising. Schloss Schönbrunn shall not be obliged to provide information to suppliers or the catering enterprise or to receive deliveries. This person/these persons must be present and reachable during the entire setup and dismantling time and for the duration of the event.
22. In consultation with the Organiser, Schloss Schönbrunn shall make available a limited number of vehicle access permits for the Organiser itself and delivery permits for the necessary deliveries. These delivery permits are not, however parking permits. For vehicle access at the side gates, an application for an access permit shall be submitted at the latest three working days before access. Vehicle access into the Park area is not permitted. Vehicle access during the day shall be exclusively via the Meidlinger / Hietzinger Gates. The vehicle access permit shall be placed visibly behind the windscreen. After the side gates have been locked, vehicle access and departure is only possible via the Main Gate. Stopping and parking is only permitted within the areas marked by parking markings on the ground (otherwise vehicles will be towed away).
The parking of vehicles with the rear facing a building wall is not permitted. A vehicle access permit is no guarantee of the availability of a parking space. The road traffic rules apply.
23. Scattering rice, flowers, confetti etc. in the rooms or on the terrace is not permitted. The use of balloons or soap bubbles and the use of candles in the rooms are likewise prohibited. (Other uses must be discussed in advance with Schloss Schönbrunn Kultur und Betriebsges.m.b.H. and approved).
24. All waste and impurities caused by the Organiser shall be removed immediately after the event. The Organiser undertakes to provide personnel and material for any cleaning for the entire duration of the event (including setup and dismantling).
Terms of payment:
Invoice address is the same as contract address
All prices are net prices, excluding 20% VAT.
A down-payment of 30% of the gross rent, the contract fee and the organiser insurance shall be invoiced at the time of booking, and shall be paid within one month.
The remaining payment of 70% plus value added tax shall be payable at the latest four weeks before the event.
The day of the receipt of payment shall be decisive.
If the stated end time is exceeded, a surcharge of 600.- per hour or part thereof shall be charged together with any personnel costs incurred.
Cancellation conditions, prohibition of offset, exclusion of a right of retention:
The customer can withdraw from the contract upon payment of a cancellation charge.
The cancellation charge shall be
- from the date of booking up to 90 days before the event, 30% of the room hire charge plus value added tax
- from 90 to 60 days before the event, 50% of the room hire charge plus value added tax
- from 60 to 30 days before the event, 75% of the room hire charge plus value added tax
- less than 30 days before the event, 100% of the room hire charge plus value added tax.
The cancellation fee shall be payable immediately.
The Organiser shall not be entitled to offset any counterclaims or retain the hire charge in whole or in part.
The number of supervisory personnel required for the event (from start of setup up to end of dismantling) shall be determined by Schloss Schönbrunn. This personnel expenditure shall be charged at the current net hourly rates.
Catering can be provided only by our catering partners.
Technical Equipment and Support
Technical Equipment and Support can be provided only by our technical partners.
Services and collateral services
Schloss Schönbrunn shall make the event premises available and is thus the event venue, but not the organiser. The equipment, services and collateral services needed for the event and the necessary service personnel shall be contracted and organised directly by the Organiser at its expense. The areas intended for the event have been inspected jointly by the contracting parties and found to be suitable for the holding of the event in question by the Organiser. Schloss Schönbrunn assumes no liability for the suitability of the areas rented for the holding of the present event.
Photography, filming and video recording
Photography, filming and video recording for amateur purposes are permitted (applies, depending on contract, for the White and Gold Rooms or the Great Gallery and outside views; photographs are not permitted in the Bergl Rooms or the exhibition rooms). Recordings for commercial purposes are not permitted. Schloss Schönbrunn is also entitled to the work user rights for all recordings made within the framework of this event. The Organiser undertakes to impose this provision on any further contracting partners.
The Organiser waives compensation for any damage caused to it in connection with the event. However, the Organiser shall be liable for all damage incurred by Schloss Schönbrunn and/or third parties through the holding of the contractual event. It undertakes to indemnify and hold Schloss Schönbrunn completely harmless with respect to such damage.
For inclusion in the existing third-party liability insurance as a safeguard for Schloss Schönbrunn Kultur und Betriebsges.m.b.H., the Organiser shall be charged € 0.07 per person, but at least € 21.84 for events in the White and Gold Rooms, and for events in the Gallery € 0.11 per person, but at least € 36.34 (these costs are included in the hire price).
The Organiser shall be liable for all damage caused by it and/or persons frequenting the premises in connection with it. The damage shall be remedied immediately as far as possible in agreement with Schloss Schönbrunn. If this should not be possible, it shall be remedied by Schloss Schönbrunn at the Organiser’s expense.
For the appropriate insurance coverage of this obligation, an amount is charged by us for participation in the insurance contract which we have drawn up especially for this purpose, which offers you an organiser liability insurance with an all-in insured sum of up to EUR 10,000,000.- (deductible EUR 500,-). You are obliged to present any case of your own organiser liability insurance. More information: https://www.schoenbrunnmeetings.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Schoenbrunn_Meetings/Downloads/ENG_Merkblatt_Veranstaltungshaftpflicht.pdf
A signed contract must be submitted 1 month before the event takes place.